What is an orthoses (orthotic)?
A foot appliance placed within your shoes, manufactured from a cast of your foot to prevent or correct deformities and improve foot function.
Assessment and gait analysis:
- Performed by a certified pedorthist
- Includes a series of tests ranging from muscle strength, walking gait analysis, joint range of motion and foot, ankle, knee and hip alignment
- Plaster casting of your feet (non-weight bearing)
- All orthotics manufactured on-site
- Follow up evaluation to ensure proper fit and comfort (adjustments completed onsite)
A hammertoe is defined as a deformity in which the interphalageal joint is in a flexed position.
A neuroma is usually situated between the third and fourth toes. It is characterized by a sharm, lancinating type pain usually when under weight bearing.
Tarsal Runnel Syndrome
Is the entrapment/impingement of nerves commonly along the medial (inside) of the ankle.
Bunions (Hallux Valgus)
A bunion is a common term used for the migration of the 1st toe away from the mid-line of the body.
Metatarsalgia is a term used to describe generalized pain in the fore-foot.
Plantar Fasciitis/Hell Spur
Is a condition in which the arch of the foot or bottom of the heel is extremely painful.